Program Room Rules:
1. Light refreshment, excluding alcoholic beverages, may be served, but room users are required to provide their own utensils and leave the room and facilities in a clean and orderly condition.
2. No smoking is permitted on library premises.
3. Open flames of any kind are prohibited, including Sterno canisters and other food warmers requiring a flame. The Library has two warming trays available for public use, which must be reserved in advance.
4. Any group using the Program Room will be responsible for setting up the room according to its own needs. The library staff will bear no responsibility. The group using the room must restore the furniture and the room to the order in which it was found.
5. AV equipment is provided at discretion of the Library Director.
6. Meetings must be scheduled during hours the library is open.
7. The sale of products at a library-sponsored program is not allowed with one exception: because the library wants to encourage reading, writing, and the appreciation of culture and because distribution channels for these materials are often lacking, writers, performers, and artists may sell their own works at the library.
8. Youth organizations using the Program Room must have at least one adult (21 or over) present at all times.
9. If a meeting is cancelled, the Director should be notified as far in advance of the date as possible.
10. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
11. No group or organization using the Program Room may discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or handicapped status in the provision of services.
12. Exceptions to these policies are possible only by written application to the Monroeville Public Library Board of Directors.
13. It is understood that all meetings held will be open to the public should anyone wish to attend.
Markosek Conference Room Rules:
The Conference Room is available for use by groups, as noted in paragraph 1. Space is limited to 12 persons.
Refreshments are not permitted, unless a library staff member is present at the meeting.
Other rules governing the Program Room Use, apply here.
The Conference Room may only be reserved by a single user until 2:30 p.m. Groups of two or more may reserve the Conference Room at any time throughout the day.